Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Easy Peasy Table Runner

I'm not big on table runners. Most of the time my table is filled with junk and a table runner wouldn't be seen anyhow. But I seen http://www.shanty-2-chic.com/2013/02/wood-shim-table-runner-diy.html from those fabulous chicks at Shanty 2 Chic. 

Hey, I can do that. Got my shims. Got my stain. Got my fabric. Got my glue. Got my table runner!

First a tip. Do not and I repeat  DO NOT glue said craft together on top of your dining-room table. Even though you are going to be sanding said table soon it will cause you more work. Dang it!

    I stained all my shims. I used two different stains. Rust Oleum's Early American and Traditional Cherry. Shims are uneven on each end so I alternated them on the runner 2:1. I wish I would of done 3:1 though. 

                       
I then started gluing with Gorilla Glue and presto peasy! An awesome table runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment